"THE HAPPY SHOW!" MATT & HAPPY ON THE BBC!




THE SCOOP:

Almost two months ago, the BBC-1 program named "Panorama" sent out its' reporter, John Sweeney, to investigate the Church of Scientology. During the course of his investigation, Sweeney lost his temper and went on a rant against members of that church that was soon distributed by video on the Web. It made headline news around the world.

I thought that it was just insane how this investigative journalist could blow his cool like that and on camera, no less. I couldn't resist spoofing Sweeney in a video for "The Happy Show!," my public access comedy-variety program. Here is a link to that spoof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnooQDYQuG8

Not long after my video was available for viewing on the Net, I was contacted by a staff member from "Panorama" named Pervez Khan. Mr. Khan explained that "Panorama" was doing a follow-up on the media story surrounding Sweeney's outburst, and asked if I'd like to be interviewed for the show. I agreed, and filmed a short video in which I answer a few questions sent to me by Khan and submitted it to the program.

That episode that I was interviewed for is scheduled to air on July 9, 2007. Coincidentally, that date is my birthday!

Here's the link to the "Panorama" site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/panorama/default.stm

And here is a link to the page from the website that breaks down what will be on that episode. My video is linked to at the bottom of the page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6269148.stm

YAY!!!!

"THE HAPPY SHOW!" ON THE FRIGGIN' BBC!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE HAPPY SHOW! "Nacho Chip Day!" September 2009!

THE HAPPY SHOW! "HSN-1000" June 2009!

HAPPY'S NEW MySPACE PAGE!